IGN and San Diego Comic-Con have partnered to take the biggest pop culture event of the year online. Comic-Con@Home will livestream on IGN Live July 22-26.
This is the first time in Comic-Con’s 50-year history that all panel programming will take place online. The decision was made due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“It has been a learning and growing experience for all of us, having to shift to a fully-digital event this year,” said David Glanzer, Chief Communications and Strategy Officer of Comic-Con International. “IGN completely stepped up and has helped us navigate and finalize this new approach to ensuring our programming goes off without a hitch, is interactive and engaging, and can be seen by everyone — they have knocked it out of the park and I can’t wait for fans to see it come to life!”
IGN will air a handpicked selection of panels from the 350+ options that Comic-Con is airing this year. In addition, IGN will broadcast its own custom programming throughout the event titled “Comic-Con@Home on IGN Live,” which will include exclusive interviews, trailer breakdowns, expert analysis, and more. Topics will cover Comic-Con mainstays such as film, TV, comics, gaming, cosplay, and collectibles.
“We know this world inside and out, so to have the chance to collaborate with San Diego Comic-Con to bring their programming to a huge online audience was such a natural fit,” said Terri Schwartz, Director of Content Strategy and Partnerships at IGN. “We’re thrilled to continue to bring what we do best to the Comic-Con circuit, albeit under very different circumstances than previous years.”
Content will be available to view on IGN.com, IGN’s YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Twitch, as well as Comic-Con’s YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and the Comic-Con@Home website. Additionally, IGN will create custom programming for the event to be aired on Snapchat, Instagram, and OTT platforms.
Comic-Con@Home panels announced so far include:
- Amazon Prime Video: The Boys, Upload, Utopia, Truth Seekers
- AMC: The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, NOS4A2
- CBS: Star Trek Universe (Discovery, Lower Decks, and Picard)
- Disney+: The Right Stuff, Marvel’s 616, Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe
- Disney Telvision Studos: The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, A Conversation with Nathan Fillion, Bless the Harts, Duncanville, Hoops, Next, Stumptown
- HBO: His Dark Materials, Lovecraft Country
- HBO Max: Adventure Time: Distant Lands – BMO, Looney Tunes Cartoons, Close Enough, Adult Animation Featuring Robot Chicken, Final Space, and Primal/Samurai Jack, Infinity Train, HBO Max Kids and Family Featuring Summer Camp Island, The Fungies, and Tig ‘N Seek
- Hulu: Helstrom, Solar Opposites, Crossing Swords
- FX: Archer, What We Do in the Shadows
- Orion: Bill & Ted Face the Music
- SDCC@Home: Cartoon Network Premieres Trailer For Ben 10 vs. The Universe: The Movie And Several Exclusive Clips - July 30, 2020
- SDCC@Home: Rooster Teeth Reveals New Details Of Animated Series Including Red vs. Blue: Zero And RWBY Volume 8 - July 30, 2020
- Another Enemy From The Past Returns In Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s “Stolen” - July 30, 2020