Avengers: Endgame may be the biggest movie event of the year. It’s a culmination of 22 films and 11 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it’s not that big of a surprise.
On Tuesday, April 2nd, the tickets officially went on pre-sale online.
Oh boy, the Internet went insane for it.
Avengers: Endgame is officially the biggest selling movie for pre-sale tickets, dethroning the previous record holder Star Wars: The Force Awakens in six hours, according to Entertainment Weekly.
The new list of top five films with ticket pre-sales, according to Fandango, are as follows:
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Fandango Managing Editor, Erik Davis, said, “We’ve never seen anything like this – it’s truly a groundbreaking accomplishment – as fans simply cannot wait to see how this epic saga comes to a close.”
Fans were so excited to get their hands on the tickets that Fandango, AMC Tickets, Regal Cinemas, and Atoms all had crashes or issues with the websites. Fans had to wait to get tickets from Fandango alone for an hour.
Avengers: Endgame hits theatres on April 26th. Just follow the wailing of the fangirls.
Latest posts by Bec Heim (see all)
- Reboot Of Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories For Apple TV+ Unveils First Trailer - February 18, 2020
- Netflix’s I Am Not Okay With This First Trailer Has Sophia Lillis Moving Things With Her Mind - February 17, 2020
- Camrus Johnson On That Tragic Twist On Batwoman’s “Take Your Choice” - February 17, 2020