It was the summer flick that had audiences singing and dancing in the aisles again. Now that the weather is turning cool, what better way is there to keep warm then reliving our time on the idyllic Greek island of Kalokairi? Well very soon you can be back basking in the sun, falling in love and belting out ABBA to your heart’s content with the release of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again on DVD, Blu-ray and On Demand. Not only is the film being released, but a special Sing-Along Edition will also be available.
Both a prequel and a sequel, the film tells two stories: present day as Sophie Sheridan (Amanda Seyfried) prepares for the grand reopening of her mother Donna’s (Meryl Streep) hotel and 1979 when young Donna (Lily James) first arrives on the island. Sophie learns about her mother’s exciting, fun-filled adventures with the young Dynamos, Tanya (Jessica Keenan-Wynn) and Rosie (Alexa Davies), and how young Donna first met her three possible dads Harry (Hugh Skinner), Bill (Josh Dylan) and Sam (Jeremy Irvine) all those years ago.
Also returning for the sequel are Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgård, Julie Walters, Dominic Cooper and Christine Baranski. Cher and Andy Garcia are two of the very welcome additions this time round.
Featuring a number of songs from the original film reimagined as well as a whole bunch of other hits from ABBA’s back catalogue, we can all be dancing queens in the comfort of our living rooms (plus I can think of a number of drinking games that you can partake in!).
As well as the film, there are over an hour of bonus features included in the release including one-of-a-kind lyric videos and a never-before-seen performance of “I Wonder”. Check out the various features on each of the formats below.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM & DIGITAL:
- Deleted/Extended Songs and Scenes with Commentary by Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Extended Song Performance – The Name Of The Game
- Extended Song Performance – Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Enhanced Sing-Alongs
- One Of Us
- Why Did It Have To Be Me?
- I Have A Dream
- Kisses Of Fire
- Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Angel Eyes
- My Love, My Life
- Cast Meets Cast
- Tanya Meets Tanya – Jessica Keenan Wynn interviews Christine Baranski about playing the sassiest Dynamo – Tanya.
- Rosie Meets Rosie – Alexa Davies interviews Julie Walters as the two actresses share their experiences playing Rosie.
- Cast Chats
- Dynamo Chit-Chat – A conversation between the three Young Dynamos reflecting on their favorite song, costumes, scenes to shoot, and funniest moments.
- Dad Chat – The young dads come together to share some of their favorite memories from set.
- High Jinks
- Sophie’s Story – Of all the characters, Amanda Seyfried’s Sophie has developed the most since the first movie. Here we will chart how Sophie has gone from a vulnerable young girl to a confident young woman following life-changing events.
- Choreographing MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN – Choreographer Anthony Van Laast and his team will reveal some of the secrets behind the highly original dance routines.
- Dancing Queen: Anatomy of a Scene – The most famous piano roll in musical history opens one of ABBA’S biggest hits, “Dancing Queen.” The number is the biggest and most complex sequence. Ol Parker will discuss where and how he wanted to use the song in the story.
- Performing for Legends – Here the Young Dynamos will discuss the daunting prospect of stepping into the recording booth at Air Studios to sing ABBA to ABBA.
- Class of ’79 – The story of the Young Dads and Dynamos is told against the backdrop of Oxford, Paris and the Greek Islands of 1979, when hairstyles were wackier and the fashions were bolder. This featurette will focus on the Young Dads and Dynamos and their experience bringing these characters to life.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted Songs and Scenes with Commentary by Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Deleted Song Performance – I Wonder
- Deleted Scene – Tahini
- Enhanced Sing-Alongs
- Thank You For The Music
- When I Kissed The Teacher
- Andante, Andante
- The Name Of The Game
- Mamma Mia
- Dancing Queen
- I’ve Been Waiting For You
- Super Trouper
- The Story – Producer Judy Craymer reveals how the MAMMA MIA! legacy began, evolved into the first feature film and how she teamed with executive producer/co-story writer Richard Curtis and director/screenplay writer Ol Parker to develop the perfect sequel.
- MAMMA MIA! Reunited – Focusing on the legacy performers and their excitement at reuniting a decade later, the filmmakers discuss the paths they’ve paved for the characters since we last saw them.
- Playing Donna – This piece centers on Meryl Streep’s cameo performance and Lily James’ preparation for filling this iconic role.
- Meeting Cher – The Queen of pop reveals her excitement at joining the MAMMA MIA! family as Ruby Sheridan – Sophie’s glamorous grandmother. Fellow cast members will share their delight at meeting and watching a legend on set.
- Costumes and The Dynamos – The Young Dynamos have some pretty cool costumes in MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN, and of course so does Cher. And who could forget those trademark dungarees? We will join costume designer Michelle Clapton as she highlights some of her favorite outfits from the movie.
- Curtain Call – Who can forget the finale to MAMMA MIA! when the cast danced onto cinema screens in full spandex for one final number? Ol Parker has chosen “Super Trouper” to close his movie and it features all 16 key cast members.
- NBC’s TODAY Show Interview with Cher & Judy Craymer
- Feature Commentary with Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Feature Commentary with Producer Judy Craymer
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is available on Digital on October 9. 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD editions are out on October 23.
- Darren Criss Joins John Boyega For Sci-Fi Thriller Podcast There Be Monsters - August 4, 2020
- The Crown To Pause Production With Season 5 Not Dropping Until 2022 - July 23, 2020
- You Don’t Have To Wait For It, The Hamilton Trailer Is Here - June 22, 2020