With 2018 just around the corner, it is now the perfect time to start looking forward to what the new year will bring for us.
There will be tons of films set to be released in 2018, some more anticipated than others and some that have slightly piqued our interest.
With the new year closely approaching us, our staff is ready to share with you all some of the films that they are excited for and cannot wait to see in 2018!
- Avengers: Infinity War: aka my death. I seriously do not know how I will survive this one.
- Black Panther: T’Challa was one of my favorites in Civil War and from the little teaser trailers we’ve gotten so far, his solo film is going to be out of this world. My body is so ready for this.
- A Wrinkle In Time: or aka the movie I’ve only been waiting on since birth basically. Just kidding but this big screen adaptation is long overdue and with Ava DuVernay at the the helm, I know it’s going to be magical.
- The Post
- Black Panther
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Black Panther
- Ready Player One
- Black Panther
- I remain cautiously optimistic about Disobedience. Go read the book by Naomi Alderman if you haven’t already.
- Ocean’s 8, and any other reboot of a historically male-centered franchise that might come my way in the new year.
- Black Panther: Black Panther was one of my favorite parts of Captain America: Civil War and I’ve been looking forward to his solo movie since then.
- Ocean’s 8: When it was first announced, I wasn’t sure about it, but the day the trailer dropped, I was all in. It’s a great cast and I’m all for movies that make men get all bent out of shape because it ruins their childhood or some nonsense.
- A Wrinkle In Time: I read the book when I was younger and really enjoyed it and the movie looks excellent.
- Pitch Perfect 3: This isn’t released in Australia till New Years Day and I’m so envious of all those who have already seen it. A big fan of the movies and the music, I’m looking forward to one final hurrah with the Bellas.
- The Post: I loved Spotlight and this seems to be in a very similar vein. Throw in Meryl Streep and Steven Spielberg and I’m there opening weekend.
- I, Tonya: Huge Allison Janney fan and have loved Margot Robbie in everything I’ve seen her in. The trailers for this look amazing and the the buzz around the film has me looknig forward to this one.
- I, Tonya: I was fortunate enough to have seen this already, and I can’t wait for the world to see it, too. It’s a fantastic film that deserves to be celebrated.
- Destination Wedding: Having read the witty script, and seeing as a kickass cast is attached with Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves, this movie has gotten me excited right from the start.
- Ocean’s 8: Give me a talented, badass all-female cast, and you’ll find me with a glass of bubbly sitting in the front row.
- American Gods’ Behind-The-Scenes Controversy Gets Worse: Orlando Jones Reveals Ricky Whittle’s POV On His Firing Via Social Media - March 2, 2020
- Billie Eilish Wins Big At The 2020 Grammy Awards: Lizzo And Lil Nas X Amongst Winners - January 27, 2020
- The 2020 Oscar Nominations Are Out: Joker, The Irishman, And Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Lead The Nods - January 13, 2020