VidCon today announced featured speakers and panelists for the 2016 event, set for June 23 – 25 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. As the world’s largest online video conference for fans, creatives and industry professionals, VidCon is set to drawn more than 400 video creators and over 30,000 attendees.
For the second year in a row the headline keynote speaker is Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube. Other top speakers include Brian Robbins, CEO of Awesomeness TV, Jens Christensen, CEO of JauntVR, Sarah Harden, President of Otter Media, and Sean Atkins, President of MTV.
Founded in 2010 by Hank and John Green, VidCon brought in more than 21,000 attendees in 2015. This year’s conference will mark the fourth consecutive year with YouTube as the title sponsor.
VidCon programming follows a three-track format. The Industry is geared toward attendees working in the online video industry. The Creator Track serves attendees looking to make better content, grow their online presence, enter the industry, meet fellow creators, and learn the ins-and-outs of online video culture. The Community Track is for attendees simply interested in experiencing the online video culture through Q&As, discussions, concerts, and more at the event.
This year’s industry track features 16 fireside chats with industry executives, and 18 one-on-one conversations with top innovators from leading studios, production companies, and technology platforms. Additionally, the industry track alone features more than 100 online video experts and innovators sharing their insight and expertise in how to build sustainable communities, channels and franchises.
“This is shaping up to be the best and most insightful Industry Track ever,” said Jim Louderback, Editorial Director of VidCon’s Industry Track. “As the online and offline video worlds overlap and mix together, we’re spotlighting the leaders of today AND tomorrow to give attendees a much clearer look into where the opportunities are now – and will be in the future.”
Highlights of the programming include keynotes and presentations from the following experts and executives:
- Susan Wojcicki, CEO, YouTube
- Jens Christensen, CEO, JauntVR
- Sarah Harden, President, Otter Media
- Mike Sepso, Senior Vice President, Activision Blizzard
- Sean Atkins, President, MTV
- Brian Robbins, CEO Awesomeness, TV
- Fidji Simo, Director of Product, Facebook
- Jeff Seibert, Senior Director of Product, Twitter
- Michael Sprague, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, Kia Motors America
- David Beebe, VP Global Creative + Content Marketing, Marriott International
- Mike Vorhaus, President, Magid Advisors
- Rich Greenfield, Media Futurist, Media and Tech Analyst, BTIG
- Mark Suster, Partner, Upfront Ventures
- Jeff Jarvis, Director, Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Mark Terbeek, Partner, Greycroft Ventures
- Ricky Van Veen, Co-Founder, CollegeHumor and Vimeo
- Ran Harnevo, CEO, BKSTG
Learn more by visiting the VidCon website at vidcon.com/industry.
Tickets can be purchased at vidcon.com/registration.
- Exclusive Collaboration Brings SDCC@Home Livestream Panels To IGN Live - July 13, 2020
- Three Star Trek Panels For SDCC@Home Set For Thursday July 23 - July 13, 2020
- History’s Vikings To Release Panel For SDCC@Home On July 24 - July 13, 2020