After a much anticipated wait, fans now finally know which queens they may be gagging over in the newest season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Logo TV and Entertainment Weekly have today announced the 12 drag queens who will be competing to win another of RuPaul’s crowns.
And if that isn’t exciting enough, it can also be confirmed that the premiere date for season 8 will be on Monday, March 7th on Logo TV, where not only the start of a new season will be celebrated, but it will actually be the 100th episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and the mark of 100 queens.
So to put all of you eagerly awaiting fans out of your misery, Ru’s 12 Season 8 queens are:
- Acid Betty, a 37 year old from Brooklyn, New York. Already branding herself the bitch of the competition, she reckons she can even give Bianca Del Rio’s mouth a run for its money.
- Bob The Drag Queen, 29 years old, also from New York. Describing herself as hilarious, beautiful, talented, and humble, we’re excited to see whether she really is all she says.
- Chi Chi Kat Devayne is a 29 year old from Shreveport, LA, classed as a dancing queen who is sassy and Southern.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine, 34 years old from Austin, Texas is originally from Puerto Rico, giving us a Latina pageant queen in the competition.
- Dax Exclamationpoint, is the 31 year old “queen of all nerds” from Savannah, Georgia. Also a cosplaying queen, it will be interesting to see how Dax brings that to the runway.
- Derrick Barry, 32 from Las Vegas, Nevada you may already know as the Britney Spears impersonator. We’re guessing Snatch Game isn’t going to be the most difficult of challenges for Derrick.
- Kim Chi, 27 from Chicago, Illinois will be the first Korean drag queen to have ever been on television. Fans have already been trying to compare her to Season 7 queen Trixie Mattel due to a similar makeup style, however Trixie has already taken to twitter to tell fans that it’s an insult to Kim Chi, as she is the taller, prettier, more talented version of Trixie. We do love a humble queen.
- Laila McQueen is 22 years old from Gloucester, Massachusetts. The rock chick of the group, Laila brings more of a punk aesthetic to the competition which we’re guessing will either make you love or loath her.
- Naomi Smalls, 21 from Redlands, California, is the baby of the group with legs to die for. With a last name inspired by Biggie Smalls, will this season 8 queen be as notorious as the B.I.G?
- Naysha Lopez, 31 from Chicago, Illinois, has been described as one of the most beautiful drag queens to ever grace the Drag Race runway by Entertainment Weekly. She’s already snatched the Miss Continental crown in the pageant scene, so is she ready to be crowned RuPaul’s drag superstar?
- Robbie Turner, 33 years old from Seattle, Washington, is from the same city as former contestants Jinkx Monsoon and BenDeLaCreme. Jinkx won the crown in Season 5, so will Robbie be able to do the same?
- Thorgy Thor, 31 from Brooklyn, New York is being described as the “fashion clown” with a competitive streak. With a creative, more experimental type look, Thorgy certainly looks set to mix up the competition.
So do you already have a favourite? Can you spot a winner in our list? Logo TV have released a promo video for Season 8 where you can see the queens for yourselves.
Latest posts by Danielle Hutley (see all)
- The Wait Is Over: RuPaul’s Season 8 Queens Have Finally Been Revealed - February 2, 2016
- Start Your Engines Drag Racers, RuPaul’s Queens Are Coming To A City Near You - February 1, 2016
- Stage Review: 4YE Jumped On The Priscilla Bus And Had A Great Time! - November 10, 2015