Thought Mumford & Sons had broken up? Sigh no more; apparently it was all a joke. Rumours of a spilt have been surrounding the group since last September, when the band announced it would be taking an extended break after their international tour.
“There won’t be any Mumford & Sons activities for the foreseeable future,” keyboard player Ben Lovett told Rolling Stone magazine.
Asked when the band would return, Lovett continued, “We have no idea. We just know we’re going to take a considerable amount of time off and just go back to hanging out and having no commitments or pressure or anything like that.”
Lead singer Marcus Mumford then talked about the split earlier this year in an interview with radio station XFM. “Everyone keeps asking if we’ve broken up as a band, which I love, so I keep saying yes,” Mumford said at the time. “Then we can have a big comeback tour next year!”
But the split looked to be permanent when Winston Marshall – banjo and guitar player for the group – told Vulture magazine in a new interview that they were done for good. “I wish I had something to say about Mumford & Sons,” he told the publication. “It was a good time. It’s over.”
But this in turn then prompted Mumford & Son’s rep to email Huff Post Entertainment and explain that the musician was “joking about everything.”
This is all very confusing for fans of the group, whose albums Sigh No More and Babel both went multi-platinum and topped the Billboard charts. Only time will tell if the Grammy award winning group really will make a much longed for return.
- And The Winner Is… Strictly Final Draws A Massive 12 Million Viewers - December 21, 2015
- And Our Strictly Come Dancing Finalists Are… - December 14, 2015
- Who Will Make it to the Strictly Final? - December 13, 2015