Philip Seymour Hoffman is to be laid to rest this Friday (February 7) in a private funeral in the city he loved, New York City.
The Oscar winner’s death from a suspected drug overdose on Sunday (February 2) shock colleagues and fans alike, many who have taken to social media in the days since expressing their grief.
A representative for the family have asked that in lieu of flowers, that well-wishers make a donation in Hoffman’s memory to charity:
“In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in Phil’s name to two charities that were very close to his heart: The Dreamyard Project and the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation,” they said.
“The family wishes to thank everyone for their continued support and good wishes.”
While no official announcement has been made from New York Police at the time of writing, it is believed that four suspects have been arrested in the NoHo (north of Houston Street) district of New York in conjunction with Hoffman’s death.
Hoffman was filming the final instalment of The Hunger Games franchise at the time of his death. It has since emerged that he had already wrapped work on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, and that he had “one major, emotional scene left to film” in Part 2.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, a Lionsgate executive said, “we’re going to have a couple of work-around issues but the movie will be creatively whole. His performances in both [remaining] movies will be up to the best of his craft. We feel it will be a good tribute to him.”
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is set for a November 21, 2014 release with Part 2 in cinemas the following year on November 20.
Latest posts by Clare Sidoti (see all)
- 4YE Review: Chris Colfer’s A Tale Of Magic… Delivers Magic, Mischief And Some Familiar Faces - November 12, 2019
- Darren Criss To Return To Broadway In Revival Of American Buffalo - October 25, 2019
- Let’s Take One Last Look At Our Friends In Final Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Trailer - October 22, 2019